Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-14-2008, 10:52 AM

Quote:
And thus when a bible corrector makes a false claim about Elohim Matthew will be of absolutely no assistance in correcting their error.
Avery prophesies that correctors will mention something. Yes, there are many voices in the world. But Isaiah 42:19 says, "Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD'S servant?" In other words, error does not move me, truth moves me. I walk by faith, not by sight. Acts 19:20 says that God's Word prevails, so believe that, rather than relying on small-time skirmishes with words of correctors to achieve victory.

Quote:
Let Matthew himself be silent
Scripture instructs us to publish the truth, "All ye inhabitants of the world, and dwellers on the earth, see ye, when he lifteth up an ensign on the mountains; and when he bloweth a trumpet, hear ye." (Isaiah 18:3).

Because truth arises the false words are consumed. The Hebrew being neglected is not because it is all bad or wrong, but because we have something better. Do not the former witnesses and martyrs cry out? I am not silencing them. God's vengeance upon the enemies is to get His truth out, and as you should be able to tell, I am all for this.

Finally, proper vision is seeing the pitiful and anguishing state that the Jews are in (e.g. their present disavowal of the name of God, etc.), and that they require the blessing. Unless we bless them, how shall they be blessed? Because we have the blessing, we shall bless them. And the greatest blessing is to give them opportunity to hear the truth, that they might have faith. That is, that because we have received mercy from JEHOVAH by Jesus, we might also show them this mercy.